Is your writing career a Wild Goose Chase or a Treasure Hunt? Sometimes, it might seem like the two rolled into one.
As we launch into 2017, it’s a good time to take stock in the journey. For as the gurus say, it really is all about attitude. You see what you want to see … find what you’re searching for … get what you’re expecting.
So as you think about the year to come, here are some thoughts to keep in mind:
- If you think about any major achievement in life, there are always roadblocks along the way. That’s what makes it an achievement. If it was easy, everyone would be a writer.
- Writer’s experience the world differently. That sensitivity can often play havoc with our personal outlooks. We see, hear, taste, smell, and touch our experiences. That enables us to provide others with an emotional connection to our work. Use those struggles to help fully explore character.
- Clearing a “no”, moves you faster to a “yes”. So don’t hesitate to go out and start knocking down the wall of “no”. Get all that out of the way as soon as you can.
- Wisdom may come with age but success comes with determination. You must be persistent in learning your craft. And every day we write, is a day we learn.
- There are good and bad days. We all have them. Take heart. You’re not alone.
Here’s wishing everyone a successful 2017.